Marlins Park prepping for return of fans
Although the sale of single-game tickets for 2021 Marlins home games continues to be delayed, the team has spent all winter insisting that in-person attendance will be permitted this coming season. The Opening Day bundle (which includes three games) and partial/full-season ticket plans have been available online for months.
A key step in “building guest confidence,” the Marlins announced Thursday that their ballpark is in the process of being awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating.
Coinciding with this news, the team posted job listings for a handful of seasonal positions that will be based at Marlins Park (guest services event staff, ticket operations event staff, etc.).
We finally have start times for all of the home games, too. Sticking with the philosophy that went into the original 2020 schedule, the Marlins have moved up 16 weekday games from the traditional 7:10 p.m. ET to 6:40 to make them more convenient for young children.
- One more plug for The Offishial Show. Alex Krutchik, Daniel Rodriguez and I recorded it Wednesday night with a focus on Adam Duvall and Brandon Kintzler. Coming next week to the Fish Stripes podcast feed, we will have a special Marlins-related interview.
- Just like Kintzler, former Fish players David Phelps (Blue Jays), Matt Joyce (Phillies), Brian Moran (Blue Jays) and Jake Marisnick (Cubs) have signed with new clubs in recent days.
- After missing out on Kintzler, Craig Mish expects the Marlins to sign another veteran reliever of some kind. They were one of the many MLB teams that sent a representative to observe David Robertson’s throwing session on Thursday.
- One of the delights of my offseason has been following the burgeoning friendship between Miguel Rojas and outfield prospect Víctor Mesa Jr. (the younger of the two Mesa brothers). MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola got the full backstory.
- Víctor Jr. took his workout to Florida International University in his latest YouTube video.
- The ESPN Top 100 MLB prospects list includes six Marlins. Sixto Sánchez, Max Meyer, JJ Bleday, Edward Cabrera and Jazz Chisholm continue to be consensus top-100 picks across the industry.
- Ben Palmer of Pitcher List mentions Sixto’s changeup as an under-the-radar money pitch.
- MLB Pipeline likes second-round draft pick Dax Fulton’s potential to emerge as an elite prospect by 2023.
- Wrapping up Players Week on MLB Network Radio, Monte Harrison will be hosting a show on Friday beginning at 12 p.m. ET.