New Fish Stripes Podcast
- The Marlins have trimmed down their 40-man roster in anticipation of reinstating players from the 60-day injured list. On Wednesday, Magneuris Sierra cleared waivers and was outrighted to the minors, while Sandy León officially entered free agency.
- One veteran catcher is already off the market. The Reds traded Tucker Barnhart to the Tigers in a glorified salary dump.
- Despite a rare 0-for-5 day at the plate, JJ Bleday is still slashing .350/.443/.600 through 14 Arizona Fall League games. The Mesa Solar Sox have stretched their AFL East division lead to three games.
- I discussed Bleday’s hot streak with Keith Law of The Athletic on a new Earning Their Stripes podcast episode! Our conversation touched on several other Marlins top prospects like Eury Pérez and Edward Cabrera and how Miami’s front office should approach free agency.
- Law ranked his 50 best MLB free agents, headlined by Carlos Correa.
- Pérez is ranked No. 1 on Baseball America’s updated Marlins Top 10 list. I recommend subscribing to BA for access to Josh Norris’ scouting reports—he shared fascinating details about the development of these players. He’s hosting a chat about the list for subscribers beginning today at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- Fish Stripes LIVE covered several of the aforementioned topics. Remember to join us on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. throughout the offseason.
- Former ETS guest Joe Dunand began his third LIDOM season with Leones del Escogido on Wednesday, starting at third base and going 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of LoanDepot Park will take place on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays throughout the offseason at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. time slots. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for kids (ages 14 and under).