New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Here is my weekly fall/winter ball update, centered around JJ Bleday.
- The Mets will not retain acting general manager Zack Scott, according to SNY’s Andy Martino. He had been on administrative leave for months following a drunk driving incident.
- Baseball Trade Values believes that there’s a lot of dead weight on the Marlins 40-man roster aka “players who may not be worth what they cost.”
- On November 15, High-A Beloit will be announcing their new nickname. The team had been known as the Snappers dating back to 1995.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of LoanDepot Park will take place on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays throughout the offseason at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. time slots. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for kids (ages 14 and under).
- Later this week, I’ll be recording a podcast with Keith Law of The Athletic. Comment below with any Marlins players/topics you’d like for me to discuss with him.
- Our pals at The Phinsider have full coverage of today’s NFL trade deadline.
- Jeff Conine reminisces about the 2003 Marlins postseason run on a new Outside the Box episode, including his role in helping the team overcome a 3-1 deficit in the NLCS and taking an underdog mentality into the World Series.
- Griffin Conine, Monte Harrison and Demetrius Sims are each nominated for 2021 MiLBY Awards. Vote for them daily through Wednesday.