New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. is already earning the respect of his MLB peers, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes. Jackson also ponders the future of Brian Anderson—I agree with his take that BA isn’t guaranteed to return as the Marlins starting third baseman if the club can find a creative way to upgrade at the position.
- Anderson is among the 13 Marlins players who are eligible for arbitration entering 2022. Jorge Alfaro, Jeff Brigham and Magneuris Sierra are the most clear-cut non-tender candidates in that group.
- Old Friend Kiké Hernández had another memorable October moment, clinching the Red Sox’s spot in the American League Championship Series with a walk-off sacrifice fly and knocking off the 100-win Rays. On the other end of the spectrum, Christian Yelich grounded into a key double play as the Brewers got shut out by the Braves. They’ll attempt to fend off elimination on Tuesday. Excluding his first-ever postseason series in 2018, Yelich has had negligible impact on the biggest stage.
- This week’s “Baseball Trade Values Proposal I Like” is Edward Cabrera to the Giants for catcher Joey Bart and shortstop Will Willson.
- Hans Herrera cooks up three of his own proposals based on BTV estimates.
- Cabrera is ranked second in the pre-Arizona Fall League edition of my Marlins Top 30 prospects list.
- Jesús Aguilar seems to be in good spirits following minor knee surgery, coming out to LoanDepot Park to visit Marlins fall development camp.
- Get caught up on our staff’s 2021 Marlins Season Review! The most recent posts feature Anthony Bender and Isan Díaz.
- Congrats to Bally Sports Florida’s Jeremy Taché on his engagement!