Marlins Park to provide free, drive-through coronavirus testing
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez announced Sunday afternoon that, with the cooperation of Derek Jeter and the Marlins, the stadium will soon become a public testing site for COVID-19. Additional details are expected on Monday regarding a more specific timeline and instructions for how to make an appointment.
Hard Rock Stadium and Festival Flea Market are among the other testing sites in South Florida.
The Marlins have not commented yet on whether they’ve had anybody within the organization test positive.
Broadcasters unite for Marlins banter
Television voice of the Fish Paul Severino and longtime radio pro Glenn Geffner have launched a new joint venture on social media: Sev & Geff Live. After holding their debut episode on Instagram Live, they invited beloved analyst Tommy Hutton on with them Sunday morning via Periscope. You can watch all 40 minutes of the conversation here.
They created a new Twitter account for the show (@SevGeffLIVE), so that fans can get a heads up about the schedule moving forward and submit questions.
There’s also a contest for those of you with graphic design skills. Submit your ideas for the Sev & Geff Live logo to the SevGeffLIVE@yahoo.com email address. The winner will receive four tickets to Opening Day! (Date still TBD, obviously).
If [Marlins] Baseball Players Were Honest
Pretty self-explanatory, featuring Sandy Alcantara, Lewis Brinson, Miguel Rojas, Sterling Sharp and Jordan Yamamoto. (Tommy Eveld was also interviewed, but his responses weren’t used in the video due to technical difficulties.)
- The MLB.TV streaming service is temporarily free to use for all U.S. and international customers. You can rewatch the full television broadcasts of any 2018 and 2019 MLB regular season game.
- Sunday was supposed to be the end of Spring Training, so Christian Cevallos and I put together a highlights package of top Marlins plays from Grapefruit League action.
- This past weekend marked the return of Sporcle Saturdays. Moving forward—at least until the 2020 season begins—check back regularly for original Marlins-related quizzes.
- For MLB The Show 20 gamers, Danny Martinez has released his latest Marlins roster update so that you can play with accurately rated players and their realistic batting stances and accessories.
- Locked On Marlins host Aram Leighton reflects on his relationship with his late father. It’s been three years since the tragic passing of Armando Leighton Jr., and two years since Aram penned this inspiring article on Fish Stripes.
Today's episode is a tribute to my Dad who passed 3 years ago today. I hope you can relate to the love we shared for baseball and how losing my dad changed my perspective on the game. This snippet is my closing remarks.— Locked On Marlins (@LockedOnMarlins) March 22, 2020
Full Episode: https://t.co/rC3fv1hlno pic.twitter.com/ynRTzks0O1