Most South Floridians will be self-quarantined in their homes for an indefinite period of time. FOX Sports Florida has adjusted their programming schedule accordingly, announcing Wednesday that Marlins wins from the 2019 season will be broadcasted on the network. For the next 13 days (at least), get into the habit of flipping to FS Florida at noon ET. In most cases, you can catch an encore of the game in primetime.
As shown below, these games are being presented in chronological order:
To refresh your memories, here are links to the original Fish Stripes recaps:
- Rockies at Marlins—March 30, 2019
- Rockies at Marlins—March 31, 2019
- Marlins at Braves—April 6, 2019
- Phillies at Marlins—April 13, 2019
- Nationals at Marlins—April 19, 2019
- Nationals at Marlins—April 20, 2019
- Marlins at Indians—April 23, 2019
- Marlins at Cubs—May 6, 2019
- Mets at Marlins—May 17, 2019
- Mets at Marlins—May 18, 2019
- Mets at Marlins—May 19, 2019
- Marlins at Tigers—May 21, 2019
- Marlins at Tigers—May 22, 2019
Hopefully, this will lift some spirits and distract from the challenges of the pandemic.
That being said, I understand the strong kinship that many Marlins fans had with the previous broadcast duo of Rich Waltz and Tommy Hutton. It helps that the teams from those years, while often disappointing, weren’t as hopeless as last season’s squad.
That is why Fish Stripes just launched the Games of the Decade series, which will feature the most beloved FS Florida broadcasts from the entire 2010-2019 period.