Even though the Marlins continue to stand pat, the baseball world keeps spinning...
- Our Bottom Feeders t-shirt, created in collaboration with BreakingT, was among the site’s top 20 best-selling products of the year! To celebrate, you can save 30% by using code TOP20 at checkout. Sale ends Thursday night.
- FOCO has its own year-end discounts on an authentic Marlins on-field gameday gaiter scarf ($9), a three-pack of face covers ($12.50) and a Game of Thrones-themed ice dragon bobblehead ($25). Shop the rest of their Marlins collection here.
- The pending Blake Snell trade to the Padres got me thinking about Pablo López. On a related note, LDogSr and I are both fans of Baseball Trade Values. ‘Tis the season to mess around with their Trade Simulator tool.
- Yu Darvish is also headed to the Pads in a cost-cutting move. Darvish took the loss when the Cubs were eliminated by the Marlins in Game 2 of the NL Wild Card Series, surrendering a home run to Garrett Cooper that put the Fish ahead for good. San Diego’s starting rotation depth is incredible entering 2021 and could be even better in 2022.
- Speaking of Game 2 eliminations, despite an injury scare, Lewin Díaz went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI for the Dominican Winter League’s Estrellas Orientales on Monday.
They won the game, btw. Swept the play-in series to advance to the REAL postseason.— Fish Stripes (@fishstripes) December 29, 2020
- In Colombia, Harold Ramirez wrapped up his winter ball season with a bang. That boosted his batting average to .367, good enough to finish runner-up in the league’s batting title race.
- We have made it through 73 chapters of the All-Time Marlins Countdown.
- Follow our friends at State of the U for full coverage of Tuesday’s Cheez-It Bowl between the University of Miami and Oklahoma State. Go Canes!
- The Joe Frisaro era has officially ended and the Marlins beat may never be the same.
To all my loyal followers, today marks the end of my tenure covering the #Marlins for MLB(dot)com. Entering retirement, but still plan to be around, weighing in on baseball. Who knows, Stretch Time may return. I appreciate all the support! Salute! pic.twitter.com/48o2pRsHI1— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) December 29, 2020