One week until Christmas and the Marlins still have a lot of unfilled items on their offseason wish list...
- If you have yet to get holiday gifts for all the Fish fans in your life, don’t panic. Our partners at BreakingT can ship Bottom Feeders, Glass Ceiling Shattered, Donnie Baseball and the rest of our 2020 season-inspired merch to anywhere in the U.S. and dozens of foreign countries. Thanks for the support.
- Manager Don Mattingly went through the media “car wash” on Thursday, holding a virtual press conference with local media at noon and then hopping around to various national MLB outlets. The beard is growing in nicely! Mattingly exuded confidence in the Marlins’ young pitching staff and spoke bluntly about how the league needs to explore ways to infuse more “action” into games to break up the monotony of the three true outcomes (walks, strikeouts and home runs).
- The Marlins sum up their 2020 philanthropy which put a special emphasis on addressing food insecurity and COVID-19 testing in their local community.
- Despite being linked to front office job searches conducted by the Mets, Phillies and Angels, former Miami executive Michael Hill is still a free agent. Baseball continues to be a frustrating environment for Black people.
- Dan Szymborski’s 2021 ZiPS projections for the Marlins are up. As currently constituted, they will need several big breakouts from prospects to come close to last year’s above-.500 finish.
- Longtime Marlins right-hander Tom Koehler discusses his playing career with Swimming Upstream.
- The Locked On MLB Prospects podcast ranks JJ Bleday as baseball’s No. 5 outfield prospect (behind Julio Rodríguez, Jarred Kelenic, Dylan Carlson and Cristian Pache).
- Sean Facey takes a deep dive into the 2010 Marlins, launching a 10-part series on the franchise’s turbulent decade.
- Can you name every 2020 Marlins player in under 10 minutes? I went 58-for-61.