The latest buzz from around the baseball world:
- Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein has resigned. Our friends at Bleed Cubbie Blue have more reaction to the sudden announcement (Epstein was expected to remain in the position for one more year). Fortunately for the Marlins, the future Hall of Famer insists that he’ll be on the sidelines for the 2021 season rather than pursue the vacant Mets and Phillies front office jobs.
- MLB Trade Rumors lists the most likely non-tender candidates across the league. Out of 81 players, the only Marlin mentioned is José Ureña.
- Infielder Gosuke Katoh has signed a minor league deal with the Padres. He spent the 2020 season at the Marlins’ alternate training site.
- First baseman Lewin Díaz extended his hitting streak in the Dominican Winter League.
- Fish Stripes is spending the next week wrapping up our 2020 Marlins Season Review series. New article out today covers Daniel Castano.
- The Miami Herald’s Jordan McPherson and Andre Fernandez have a Kim Ng-centric episode of the Fish Bytes podcast.