Welcome to Friday’s Marlins (19-35) vs. Padres (29-27) game thread.
Throughout the 2019 season, Fish Stripes is your home for daily Fish Picks prop bets. The monthly points leader for May, June, etc. wins Fish Stripes merchandise prizes. The best seller in our store: Caleb “KKKKKKKaleb” Smith shirts!
The Fish Picks leaderboard will update daily to let you know where you stand.
- LF Austin Dean
- RF Garrett Cooper
- 3B Brian Anderson
- 2B Starlin Castro
- CF Harold Ramírez
- 1B Martín Prado
- C Jorge Alfaro
- SS Miguel Rojas
- P Caleb Smith (3.05 ERA, 3.34 FIP, 33.2 K%, 35.2 Hard Hit% in 58.0 IP)
Notes: The best hitter for the Marlins this season and one of their most attractive trade deadline chips, Neil Walker (right quad strain) has landed on the 10-day injured list. JT Riddle was recalled to take his spot and figures to see playing time at both shortstop and center field...Meanwhile, the hottest hitter for the Marlins, Harold Ramírez carries a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. It is tied for the fourth-longest active streak in the majors and the longest by a Miami player at any point in 2019.
- CF Wil Myers
- RF Franmil Reyes
- SS Manny Machado
- 1B Eric Hosmer
- LF Hunter Renfroe
- 3B Ty France
- 2B Ian Kinsler
- C Austin Hedges
- P Joey Lucchesi (4.25 ERA, 3.49 FIP, 24.9 K%, 32.9 Hard Hit% in 55.0 IP)
Notes: Josh Naylor, a former Marlins first-round draft pick, made his major league debut last week. He has already shown impressive bat speed, though the results are underwhelming so far (.200/.200/.300, 8 K in 20 PA). He’ll get on the field in this series versus right-handers.
How to watch/listen/follow
Late night with the Fish: the game gets underway at 10:10 p.m. ET. Watch on FOX Sports Florida and via MLB.TV or listen on 940 WINZ.
Please comment below or tweet to @fishstripes with your picks for the following props. The contest locks at first pitch.
- Over/Under 7.5 strikeouts for Caleb Smith (Over/Under)
- Over/Under 2:56 time of game? (Over/Under)
- Will the Marlins score in the first inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the second inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the third inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the fourth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the fifth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the sixth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the seventh inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the eighth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the ninth inning? (Yes/No)
- Who wins? (Marlins/Padres)