The Jeff Conine Celebrity Poker Classic is an auspicious event geared towards charitable causes. Guests in attendance have an opportunity to play for their share of $35,000 in cash and prizes, all the while benefiting noteworthy causes like the Conine Clubhouse. This children’s center offers a home away from home for young people who are currently being cared for at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Of course, the Jeff Conine Celebrity Poker Classic is hosted by none other than the eponymous MLB legend himself, Jeff Conine.
The contest features a clash of titans between celebrities and everyday poker players across the spectrum. The first prize in the contest is a whopping $12,000 payday (cash and entries), while other prizes include exotic vacation getaways, hotel stays, and much more. The total value of the vacation packages exceeded $25,000. Held on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at the world-famous Seminole Hard Rock Poker Room, this event proved to be an absolute showstopper.
Players Compete for $35,000 in Cash and Prizes
The Seminole Hard Rock Poker Room was the scene of a celebrated charitable poker evening – the eighth of its kind – hosted by MLB ace, Jeff Conine and his wife Cindy Conine. Not only did the 2019
exceed expectations, it shattered records. Sponsored by a slew of companies including Memorial Hospital Miramar, Spirit, Weston Life Magazine, Radiology Associates of Hollywood, Universal Drywall & Plastering, Thornton, PNC, Air & Power Solutions Inc, and many others, this event raised the roof. In total, hundreds of poker players from across the spectrum – casual players, high rollers, and celebrities – attended. All participants automatically qualify for a variety of value-added extras in their entry, including a silent and live auction, cocktails, foods and celebrations.
The name of the game is Texas Hold’em Poker, but the tournament is played for noteworthy charitable causes. The Conine Clubhouse has already helped 11,700 families whose children are being treated at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, Florida. They stay for free at the clubhouse, and enjoy all of the amenities on offer. Thanks to the Jeff Conine Celebrity Poker Classic and other contests (Conine All-Star Golf Classic) all of this is made possible.
Big Prizes on Offer at the Conine Poker Classic?
1. The First-Place Prize of $11,744 includes $5,000 cash and a SHRPO (Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood Poker Open) championship seat + a 3-night stay at the illustrious Hard Rock Casino in Puerto Vallarta, in Mexico.
2. The Second-Place Prize of $5,350 includes $2,500 in cash + a coveted seat for the December Winter Poker Open + Seminole Hard Rock Tampa Stay & Play.
3. The Third-Place Prize is $3,600, including $1,750 in cash, and an incredible package to the ‘Party like a Rockstar’ at the New Guitar Tower.
4. The Fourth-Place Prize is $2,950, including $1,250 in cash + a World Series of Poker circuit Main Event Seat (WSOP) at the Coconut Creek in September 2019.
5. The Fifth-Place Prize is $2,050, including $950 in cold cash + a seat to the SHRPO Big 4.
6. The Sixth-Place Prize is $2,050, including $850 in cash + a Party Like a Rock Star Package.
7. The Seventh-Place Prize is $1,500, including $750 in cash and Stay like a Rock Star Package.
8. The Eighth-Place Prize is $1,450, including $700 in cash + Stay Like a Rock Star Package
9. The Ninth-Place Prize is $1,400, including $650 in cash + the Hard Rock men’s spa package.
10. The Tenth-Place is $1,350, including $600 in cash + Hard Rock Women’s Spa Package.
The high-profile event officially opened its doors at 5:30 PM with a fabulous VIP reception and silent auction. The poker tournament commenced at 7 PM, and the silent auction closed at 9 PM. All proceeds go towards the Conine Clubhouse at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Sponsorship amounts were highest for the ranking poker hands, given their rarity in poker tournaments. The official sponsorships included $25,000 for a Royal Flush, $10,000 for a Straight Flush, $5,000 for Four-of-a-Kind, $3,000 for tables, $1,500 for Three-of-a-Kind, and $1,000 sponsorship for Two Pair.
Overall, some 410 players participated, and 500 supporters were on the rails. The event managed to raise $195,000 for charitable causes. During the tournament, Jeff Conine wore his #19 for the Florida Marlins, affectionately known as Mr Marlin while he played MLB for the team. Other guests in attendance included David LaMont from ESPN, Ki-Jana Carter, Gaby Sanchez, Jim Jensen, Tony Nathan, OJ McDuffie, Randy Moeller, and Mark Duper. The poker tournament was won by Randal Fernandez from Miami. He claimed $5,000 and a fabulous 3-night vacation at the Hard Rock Hotel at Mexico’s Puerto Vallarta resort. He also won a coveted seat to the SHRPO $3 Million Guaranteed Poker Championship.