Ed. Note: We have met the majority of our hiring needs at this time, but will still take a look at any applications that come through. The next hiring phase will likely occur during the off-season. Thanks for your interest! - TB
What we’re offering:
- A platform: Joining our staff will give you the chance to have your material seen by SB Nation’s sizable audience and Miami Marlins fans the world over.
- Media opportunities: Radio spots, interviews and podcast appearances.
- Networking: Create lasting contacts in the baseball media, both within SB Nation and outside of it.
- Personal growth: A chance to nurture pre-existing skills and cultivate new ones.
- Community: Celebrate/commiserate with other Miami Marlins fans/writers.
What we’re not offering:
- Money: Sorry. We’d love to tell you that this is a lucrative gig, but it’s a labor of love more than anything else. A small number of us actually get paid, but it’s nothing to write home about (get it). If you’re wanting to become a baseball blogger to make money, first of all, that’s hilarious, second, re-think your decision.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You love writing/video, you love baseball, you love the Marlins. We don’t want to discourage anyone who’s not a Marlins fan from applying, but let’s just say if we were dogs, our ears would perk up if you told us you were passionate about the Fish.
- You have time to commit to this endeavor. Since we’re not paying most people, we don’t assign more then 1-2 articles a week. You’re certainly welcome to write more, and there will be times where we call for submissions, but you’re not obligated to write more then what you’ve been originally assigned. All we ask is that you’re honest about your ability to meet said assignments.
- Video/Graphics Specialist - Create original content (videos, gifs, graphics for articles) and be open to training staff when/where necessary. Not required to write.
Still interested? Send two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
- What position(s) are you applying for?
- How long have you been a Marlins fan?
- What is your experience in writing?
Don’t have a writing sample? Give us 300 words on your favorite baseball experience.
We will keep the post updated as long as there are positions to be filled. There may be follow-up questions depending upon the position you’re applying for. Don’t fret if you don’t hear back right away as it may take some time to filter through applications!