The Miami Marlins may have a poor season ahead of them in 2013, but it doesn't mean that Marlins fans should suffer without any baseball-related entertainment. Earlier in the month, I introduced the 2013 Fish Stripes Fantasy Baseball League, as presented by Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball, and today, the announcement about the league is finally here!
The 12 contestants were set when I first asked in the initial article for the first 11 names. Here are the names that I received:
Fantasy Baseball Vision
That is a good healthy of new names and regulars here at Fish Stripes, and I'm happy to have you all on board. I'd like for you to confirm your spot in the league by answering below with the subject line "Yes". Also, please email me at "SFiercex4@gmail.com" so that I can send out league invitations to you. Once that is done, we can figure out the format for a draft.
As for the league rules, as I mentioned, this league will be slanted with sabermetrics. I will be using the same rules I used in an old Beyond the Box Score league I began running in 2011, with the league being a points only system based on linear weights run values for each event. The following is the table and excerpt on the scoring system.
Event Points AB -1 1B 6 2B 9 3B 12 HR 15 BB 3 HBP 3 SB 2 CS -3
Event Points IP 5 K 2 BB -3 HR -13 Saves 5 Holds 2
The teams will be 23-player teams with five bench slots and the following starting requirements:
C x2, 1B, 2B, 3B. OF x3, Utility, SP x2, RP x2, P x4
You are allowed one DL spot as well.
If you did not get a chance to be a part of the Fish Stripes Fantasy Baseball League, I will come out in a week or so and inform everyone if there any remaining slots. If there are, please follow the instructions above. And of course, if you want to get in on your own fantasy baseball league, Yahoo! is the right place to go for all of your fantasy baseball needs. Check out their benefits:
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
- Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.