- The Marlins know what they are getting in Juan Pierre. However they will be pleased to know they are also getting a leader to go with a calming influece. Read more here.
- Sean West has moved on. He signed a minor league deal with the Washington Nationals on Tuesday. That means that no players remain from the 2005 First Year Player Draft. Oh well.
- Are you going to attend the Miami Marlins Winter Warm Up? Click to see details here? This event is replacing the Fan Fest.
- The Marlins have signed reliever Michael Wuertz to a minor league deal. He did not pitch last season due to injury. By the way, fellow reliever Ryan Webb has filed for arbitration.
Around The League
- The Anaheim Angels and reliever Jerome Williams have agreed to a one year, two million dollar deal. Williams looks forward to helping his team regardless if he starts or comes out of the 'pen.
- The Washington Nationals and Rafael Soriano have agreed to a two year, $28 million dollar deal. The Nats continue a tremendous offseason. Look for the Nationals to next sign former Miami Marlins starting pitcher, Javier Vazquez.
- Chris Capuano welcomes the competition in the new Los Angeles Dodgers starting rotation. Even though he had a career year in 2012, the left hander is probably on his way out. The Dodgers have eight starting candidates at this point.
At Fish Stripes
- New developments this week regarding the Marlins and their team president. Apparently Jeff Loria has denied David Samson not only from participating further on his weekly radio spot, he is also not allowed to do any more interviews. While I really don't care either way, people like to laugh at what Samson has to say.
- Mr. Jong writes about the mismanagement of Logan Morrison. The Marlins messed this up real bad. Now it looks like LoMo might even need surgery. What a turn of events for a player the Marlins were looking to place in the middle of their everyday line up.
- Don't forget to fill in the survey titled "The Miami Marlins and You." The Fish Stripes crew and author Andrew Townes would really appreciate it. Click into the survey here.