Was not happy to hear that Mark Buehrle might be on the trading block all of a sudden. The best starter for the team this season, Buehrle has three years and $52 million left on his current contract. And he is currently 12-12 with a 3.73 ERA.
Obviously, its not like the Marlinsare looking to move him. Its more that if a great deal is offered to them in exchange, they will listen based on the team's history with such dealings. And clearly, at 32 years of age, Buehrle is as effective as ever. Clubs know this. If a trade does happen, it would come in the off season though.
- Carlos Lee is trying to prove to the baseball world that he is more than just a future DH for an American League team. He has played 119 games at first base thus far this season. And it has gone well. Read more here.
- Rob Brantly is being tested by Ozzie Guillen. The manager wants to see how the young catcher responds to playing back to back games. He is hitting a ton recently. And this helps to keep him in the line up for such research.
- Juan Carlos Oviedo has been transferred to the sixty-day disabled list. This is a formality really. No one expected Oviedo to pitch this season after his latest arm injury any way.
- Josh Johnson was a part of a list of top five significant non-trades from the 2012 deadline. He is having a great season pitching wise. But the Marlins were reportedly asking for too much in return.
- The Marlins have called up A.J. Ramos from Double-A Jacksonville. This is more of a reward for pitching lights out this season. He pitched to an ERA of 1.44 in 55 games.
- Emilio Bonifacio has been shut down for the rest of the season with a knee injury. This is probably the best course of action for a guy who is built for speed. Get better soon
Around the League
- Roger Clemens says there will be no return to the Majors this season. In fact, he said he is only having fun. Read more here.
- Japan has committed to playing in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. This is the team that has won the first two world championships. Read more here.
At Fish Stripes
- Read about the new addition to Josh Johnson's pitching arsenal: the curve ball. Looking forward to a great season next year for JJ.
- Fish Stripes shares with you an opinion about the Marlins returning to their pitching ways. Specifically, on building the club through pitching. Read more here.