Good day readers. In the Miami Marlins' world, certainly lots has gone on since the beginning of the season. Not all of it good. Let me ask this to you. I recently heard an interview with manager Ozzie Guillen. He was changed. To the point he sounds boring. I cannot imagine a baseball season with a boring Ozzie. Now I know he needs to do some mending due to what happened. But will you be ok with a subdued Ozzie? Wasn't he hired because of how crazy he is? Shareyour thoughts please.
- FANGRAPHS details three big moments in the career of Pudge Rodriguez. The first moment is during the 2003 playoffs. I remember like if it was yesterday. Pudge in his catcher's gear showing off the ball to the heavens against the Giants in the division series. Good times for sure.
- The Miami Marlins are offering free tickets for military employees and dependants. They are teaming up with Outback Steakhouse for this great promotion. Read more here.
- The Zephyrs get a much needed day off after losing the last three games by a combined score of 25-2. They got off to such a great start, you have to think they just needed a day to recharge. Albuquerque is next for a four game series.
- Marlin Maniac reviews the last seven days for the Fish. Basically, the Marlins early season woes have come on the road. They are not closing games out. This includes making clutch plays (hit to win the game, making the tough defensive play). Hopefully they turn it around in NY.
- CBS New York ranks where Jose Reyes is on the all-time New York Mets list. He has some great numbers (including overall games played, games played at short, and batting averages over his Met career), but he is not the greatest Metropolitan ever. Like I always say, "what could have been." Clearly free agency has changed the game. If Jose would have stayed in New York another ten years, it would have been scary.
- LoMo recently visited MLB Fan Cave while the team is in New York. And he even led fans on NYC bus tour. The Marlins left fielder says he is not 100% recovered yet from off season surgery. He describes the Marlins first month as challenging. And that ultimately, all that talk about the team playing in front of an empty stadium does not fly anymore as now there are more than 20,000 fans a night at the new Marlins Park. Read more here.
Around the League
- This is an injury episode of around MLB. First, Chris Narveson is done for the year. He has a torn rotator cuff. Read more here.
- Mike Pelfrey might be lost for the season according to a source inside the Mets. Guess its not terrible news since the Mets were not expected to do much this season any way.
- Jason Bay is on the disabled list with a rib fracture. Question. Does it really matter all that much? Click here to read more.
At Fish Stripes
- Is JJ's start to the new season a concern? I don't think so. But read more here from Mr. Jong. Hopefully he goes out Tuesday night and pitches a gem.