Fan Fest is set for February 13th. If you have ever gone to the thing, you know all the players are there. (At least the ones who could get their visas cleared in time.)
The Florida Marlins are set to host the 15th Annual Jiffy Lube Marlins FanFest presented by TD Bank on Saturday, February 13 from noon to 6 P.M. at Sun Life Stadium.
Parking gates at Sun Life Stadium will open at 11 A.M. and entrance to the stadium and all the activities will be at noon.
The day-long event will feature:
A $5 parking fee will be collected, however, it can be applied as a credit towards the purchase of game tickets. Plus, as part of the Marlins' Caravan for Earth week, all vehicles containing four or more fans will receive complimentary parking. All other proceeds will benefit the Florida Marlins Community Foundation.
- Single game tickets go on sale at noon for the 2010 season at the Gate F Ticket Windows.
- Select-a-Seat, allowing fans to pick out and lock in their favorite seats for the season.
- Autograph sessions with Marlins players and coaches throughout the day.
- Interactive games for all ages including Bounce Houses, Full-Size Batting Cages, Little Sluggers' Zone, Steal Home Challenge, Rock Wall, Big League Speed Pitch and many more.
- Photographs in the Marlins Dugout
- Appearances by Billy The Marlin, Lil' Billy, the Mermaids, and the Manatees.
- Kids Clinics on the field.
- Radio Disney AM 990 Family Funzone.
- Live musical entertainment.
- Live broadcasts from the Marlins' flagship radio stations, Sports Talk 790 The Ticket and Radio Mambi 710 AM.
- Florida Marlins Community Foundation Garage Sale.
- Sports Cards and Memorabilia Show Exhibit.
- Boomers! Arcade Area
- Special trivia prizes courtesy of Marlins.com and the MLB Network.
- Interactive area at Marlins Fan Headquarters, where fans can spin the prize wheel, play MLB: The BIGS on XBOX 360, sign up for the 2010 Marlins Fan Club and register to win tickets to Opening Day.
- Marlins Town Hall Meetings with Marlins players, coaches, and executives in which fans get to ask the questions (1 p.m. Spanish, 2 p.m. English).
- Appearances by DJ MDOT, DJ Petey and Marlins Vision Host Johanna Gomez
- Tour the state-of-the-art stadium Club Level, including various amenities, group hospitality areas, Super Party Suites, All You Can Eat seats and more.
Go out and partake in the festivities. I hear it is fun and donations for many good causes are being collected. However, I'm sure the players don't love it, since they are required to keep signing autographs as if they were sweatshop workers. But they will get over it; they probably make more money than you and me. If you make more money than the league minimum, then I apologize for slighting you. And if you do, can I borrow some money? I promise to never pay you back.