I don't read my fellow SportsBloggers stuff as often as I should, but I've done a little catching up recently and I thought I'd share some links:
- Randy, from Over the Monster, has a nice interview with Red Sox Consultant/baseball writing great Bill James.
- Dex, site hero and proprietor of Gaslamp Ball, has an excellent interview with Jeff Idelson from the Baseball Hall of Fame. Dex has also been inspired (love the idea) and an astrologer recently.
- Some nice forward looking stuff over at McCovey Chronicles about the Giants outfield.
- John Sickels reviews the Marlins top 20 prospects. You'll already know many of the names, as quite a few have been with the big club this year.
- We've talked about Rafael Palmeiro's Hall of Fame prospects off and on here. Our friends at Beyond the Boxscore have added quite a bit more meat to the discussion.
- At The Good Phight, they've been talking about how some of the big name/big salary Phillies aren't living up to what everyone expected from them.
In other news, I got a nice laugh out of Jack McKeon on the radio this morning. While being interviewed by Joe Rose, he said something along the lines of how the Marlins just needed to win 41 or 42 of their last 65 games.
C'mon Jack. That's just not going to happen. I'm not sold that this team can win 4 of 6 right now - let alone 40 of 60.