- Good news: We may not see Leiter for a few weeks. At least not as a starter.
- Rumors: In Sunday's New York Post, Joel Sherman reported two Marlins related tidbits: 1) that the Marlins contacted Scott Boras during last week's draft to see if St. John's reliever Craig Hansen would accept a $2.45 million offer. If he was willing to, the Marlins were apparently willing to guarantee that he would be in the majors by the end of the week (i.e. the just past Rangers series). Boras and the reliever thought the offer was too low. 2) The Marlins were in the bidding for Ugueth Urbina. They even included highly touted lefty Scott Olsen. It wasn't enough though, as Ugie is a Phillie.
- Stat of the Day: Yes, I was sad to see the Marlins lose to the Rangers yesterday. But since they did, we now know with complete certainty how the season will unfold for the Marlins.
The Marlins and Rangers don't get together too frequently, but when they do, the results of their series indicate how the Marlins will fare in the post-season. Coming into the weekend, this is what we knew:
- When the Marlins win the season series 2-1, the Marlins have won the World Series 100% of the time come October
- When the Marlins are swept by the Rangers, they have failed to make the post-season 100% of the time.
I don't know about you, but I'm excited.