Originally I wanted to have some Fish Stripes tailgates and possibly even group outings at JRS this year, but so far it seems that most of our regulars are not in South Florida.
So in one of the diaries some discussion about a road trip (well, depending on where you are exactly) has come up. Regardless of whether it would be a home game or a road trip for you, a caravan of Marlins fans for a road game could be a lot of fun.
Before we get too serious about planning anything, let us know if you'd be interested in such a thing and if so, which ballparks you might be able to make it out to.
The only restrictions probably are: the series needs to involve the Marlins, it probably needs to be in the East, and ideally it would be a weekend series.
Given that, these series probably make sense:
- @ Washington - June 3, 4, 5
- @ New York - July 1, 2, 3
- @ Philadelphia - July 14, 15, 16, 17
- @ Philadelphia - September 9, 10, 11
- @ Atlanta - September 23, 24, 25 (this would require some major convincing of me, as it would require me to miss a home Canes football game, which hasn't happened in quite some time)
If folks are interested, I'll coordinate group tickets, etc - but we're a ways away from that point now. Please add your thoughts in the comments and we'll see where this goes from here...