Giancarlo Stanton is injured, the Miami Marlins are desperate, and Marlins fans are upset. We gathered information from last night until this morning, and those are the conclusions we came up with. Of course, Stanton and the Marlins do not live in a vacuum, and other areas of the internet are responding to Stanton's injury. Here's what a number of folks had to say.
- Will Carroll does not feel good about Stanton's recovery time for this injury.
Severe hamstring strain for Giancarlo Stanton. He'll hit the DL and sounds like he could miss significant time. I'll have more soon at B/R.— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) April 30, 2013
Earlier today, we mentioned that Stanton could be out between three weeks and three months, depending on the severity of the injury.
- Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton on DL after hearing ‘pop’ in hamstring | Fish Tank blog: Miami Marlins | The Palm Beach Post
The Marlins' season took another bad turn, as they placed Stanton on the disabled list early Tuesday morning after the right after Stanton heard a "pop" during the play.
- Lots of fans wishing Stanton the best of luck. Here are a few Twitterers.
Hoping for the best, @giancarlo818! We hope to see you back soon.— Andrew Shatz (@AndrewShatz) April 30, 2013
- Of course, now that Stanton is injured again, we have some wise guys commenting on his ability to stay healthy/
- MLB scores and more: Stanton goes down, Strasburg treated for 'forearm tightness,' Motte's elbow feeling better - MLB Daily Dish
Stanton isn't the only NL East star suffering from ailments. Stephen Strasburg apparently has some "forearm tightness." Uh oh.
- Miami Marlins Top 20 Prospects for 2013 - Minor League Ball
The Marlins brought up Marcell Ozuna, likely to replace Stanton in the lineup. In case you forgot about him, here's Minor League Ball's John Sickels on the topic.
4) Marcell Ozuna, OF, Grade B: Very dangerous power hitter had no problems hitting homers in difficult Florida State League at age 21. Will Double-A pitchers take advantage of his aggressiveness? Perhaps, but I am (for some reason) optimistic about his chances to adjust.
- Miami Marlins: Who Is Marcell Ozuna? - Marlin Maniac - A Miami Marlins Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
David Polakoff of Marlin Maniac also profiles Ozuna for us.
At Fish Stripes
- Giancarlo Stanton injury: Stanton, Joe Mahoney to 15-day disabled list - Fish Stripes
Stanton was placed on the DL along with first baseman Joe Mahoney, both for hamstring injuries.
- Miami Marlins call up Marcell Ozuna and Brad Hand - Fish Stripes
The Fish called up Ozuna along with lefty starter Brad Hand to fill in the innings after the 15-inning extravaganza from last night.
- Giancarlo Stanton injury: Analysis of Stanton injury and outcomes - Fish Stripes
The Marlins and Stanton are facing major setbacks thanks to Stanton's latest right hamstring injury. What can we expect from Stanton's recovery, and when can he return to the team?
- Giancarlo Stanton injury: How does this affect the 2013 Miami Marlins? - Fish Stripes
Stanton's injury will keep him out for at least three weeks and possibly more than a month. How will the Marlins' offense recover from this latest blow? How will Ozuna and Chris Coghlan fare in replacing Stanton?
- Giancarlo Stanton injury: Marcell Ozuna, Marlins' roster depth, and Murphy's Law - Fish Stripes
With Stanton's injury, the Marlins find themselves in yet another dire roster situation in the midst of a season that seems to be ruled by Murphy's Law.