- First off, there are only five more days until Opening Day
- The Miami Marlins are officially selling opening day tickets on Groupon. This is not the first time the Marlins have offered ticket packages on site, but this is the first opening day that the deal has been offered. So if you are trying to figure out if Opening Day is something you want to attend, it just got a bit more affordable.
- Beyond the Box Score continues their team preview series with the Miami Marlins. They recap the 2012 season and offseason and look towards the future in 2013. They are doing a piece for every team and it has been an interesting series to follow.
- Over at Marlin Maniac they continue their top Marlins prospect series with the sixth-best prospect, Marcell Ozuna. Ozuna did get injured during spring and will be out a month before he starts his season in AA.
- The Marlins have signed outfielder Matt Diaz, most recently of the New York Yankees. The deal is a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. Diaz could very easily find himself as a bench bat on the 2013 version of the Miami Marlins.
- The Marlins fell to the Detroit Tigers 6-3 on Monday afternoon. Wade LeBlanc had one of his weakest outings of the spring and the offense was not enough to recover the win. If you pat your head and rub your stomach for 10 seconds and click on this link you will find the boxscore for the game.
Around the League
- There are only five more days until Opening Day!
- The Milwaukee Brewers have signed Kyle Loshe in a deal that can be best described as 'close to the season.' The contract is for 3 years and 33 million and Loshe will fit in nicely to the Brewer's rotation.
- Vernon Wells is officially a Yankee. The Los Angeles Angels have traded him to New York and have agreed to pick up most of his contract. Here is Fangraphs with one of the better headlines I have read today.
- Two rotations have been filled out today in Cleveland and St. Louis. The Indians have elected to go with comeback candidate Scott Kazmir as their fifth starter to begin the season and the Cardinals have selected top prospect Shelby Miller as their #5 to start the year.
At Fish Stripes
- Andrew Townes reminds all that there are only five more days till Opening Day!
- What do you think you should expect from the Miami Marlins pitching rotation in 2013? Michael Jong takes a look, breaking out all the major projection systems in the process
- Sam Evans takes a look at one of Miami's biggest successes on the international market, Jose Urena. Urena will likely start at High-A Jupiter and he looks to have a promising future with the Marlins as a possible starting pitcher.
- The recent dispute between Marlins ownership and a pair season ticket holders continues as Fish Stripes examines how this will impact the Miami Marlins in their current public relations situation.
- It is looking more and more likely that Marlins pitcher Jacob Turner will not be in the Major League opening day rotation. What does this mean for his development and how is this different than the optioning of prospects Jose Fernandez and Christian Yelich?