- Placido Polanco will bring a lot of leadership to the Miami Marlins next season. He may not be same player anymore, and he might not even be an asset defensively as he used to be, but the fact that he is with the team is huge. Along with Juan Pierre and Tino Martinez (hitting coach), the Marlins at least have a few guys that can be leaders to the amount of youth that will be present. Make no mistake about it, these are good baseball people.
- The Miami Marlins are going to sport new batting practice caps. However, the team will keep the current batting practice jersey. See what it will look like here.
- Guess who has returned back to baseball after serving jail time? Ugueth Urbina is playing in his native Venezuela. He served time for an attempted murder. Read more here.
- The Marlins have been down this road before. They are embarking on another season with a very young team. A new coach will lead them. And the fan base is not happy. Hopefully we will have some excitement during the course of the year.
Around The League
- The Cleveland Indians and Brett Myers have agreed to terms on a one year deal with a club option for 2014. Will he be a reliever or a starter?
At Fish Stripes
- Mr. Jong shares his New Year's Resolutions for the Miami Marlins. Among them is to forget about 2012. Good luck with that. Marlins fans will be talking about Ozzie, Loria, and Reyes for a long time.
- The Miami Marlins have cited a team policy for listening to trade offers for Giancarlo Stanton. Its not a right or wrong. But the team will listen to what people think about their right fielder. Stand by.