Even though LO VISTE has gotten all the pub this year, one of my favorite things about watching the Marlins this year has been the inter-player handshakes.
This is my, and our, effort to keep an encyclopedic record:
- Reyes and Stanton: two handslaps at waist level -> flex bicep -> pump arm
- Reyes and Hanley: tap the other guy's shoulder -> two handslaps at chest level -> cross arms across chest -> lean back
- Stanton and LoMo: make "hang ten" hand sign -> backhand slap -> ass slap
- Hanley and Buck: hand slap at chest level -> two inside elbow slaps -> put hand behind head -> shake up and down a few times -> make "shhhh" gesture
- Stanton and Gaby: make "hang ten" hand sign -> outside-of-hand slap
- Stanton and Boni: jump high off one foot -> extend arm -> slap hands
- Reyes and LoMo: several opposite hand slaps -> cross arms across chest -> lean left -> lean right -> pump arms
- LoMo and Boni: chest high hand slap -> belt high back hand (NOT back of hand) slap -> backhand slap in between those two distances -> "rock the baby"
Add more as you see them?