- The Miami Marlins have traded Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Emilio Bonifacio, Jose Reyes, and John Buck to the Toronto Blue Jays. Details are still coming in now. But for now, all I have is that the Marlins have traded all of these players for only Yunel Escobar and a few minor leaguers. Clearly, if this deal is not voided, the Marlins got little in return because of the huge amount of dollars in salaries that was sent to Toronto.
- The Miami Marlins are still lacking a bench coach for next season. Perry Hill is on board. And Reid Cornelius and Joe Espada are going to stick around. Add Mike Redmond and Tino Martinez, and the only bench coach is missing. Read more here.
- The Marlins are the winter meetings letting everyone know that all players are available for a trade (except Giancarlo Stanton). This sounds like a fire sale. Hope its not true.
- Just in case you were wondering, Chris Coghlan is playing winter ball in the Dominican Republic. He is actually playing second base down there. That is interesting.
- Right before the weekend Giancarlo Stanton celebrated a birthday. He is now only 23. And coming off a tremendous season. What will this superstar do in 2013? The sky is the limit.
Around The League
- Yasmani Grandal has been caught cheating. And now he will serve a 50 game suspension. Read more here.
- In case you missed it, Mike Trout and Bryce Harper were chosen as Rookie of the Year. In my opinion, there was no doubt there two were the winners. Read more here.
- Davey Johnson of the Washington Nationals has been named National League Manager of the Year in 2012. Congrats to him on a job well done.
At Fish Stripes
- The Miami Marlins are among six teams interested in Kevin Youkilis. Nothing is confirmed only that the Marlins are are in the race to acquire the former All-Star.
- Do you want to know what is Josh Johnson trade value at this point? Mr. Dorney shares with you his point of view this week. Read more here.
- Mr. Jong shares with you this week the Official Fish Stripes Offseason Plan for the Marlins. I like it because its believable. I can totally see the Fish making these moves. (Editor's note: Until the team ignored everything I said and went in a completely different direction)