Boy my first time didn’t start off too well now did it. I left all you loyal Fish Stripes readers waiting for hours. Don’t worry, I’m sure your mothers' basement is as warm as mine is.
Without further ado, here are your post apocalyptic Fish Bites
- There has been a lot of talk about Hanley Ramirez and if he moves to third base. Ken Rosenthal says he won't and the Marlins should trade him. Our valued leader Michael Jong says otherwise. As does Ehsan Kassim over at Marlin Maniac. The beat writers across the nation are just trying to stir up trouble, can't they at least wait until after New Years to blow off any resolutions about being an objective reporter?
- Marlin Maniac is also taking a look at the best players from the 1997 or 2003 championship teams. They recently chose Derrick Lee for first base. Though with just eight votes, it's not doing much to quell rumors of a double-digit fan base.
- Matthew Marx over at Marlins Daily wonders which free agent the Marlins should take a look at next. Joe Frisaro says Greg Dobbs!?!? I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to leave aging bats with varied production to the New York Mets bench, and the Philadelphia Phillies starting roster.
- Marlins Baseball is asking for slogan nominations for the 2012 season. As a NASCAR fan, my vote is for Rainbow Warriors. Or maybe just "We Won't Be Last Anymore!"
- The Palm Beach Post asks if the Marlins will make the playoffs in 2012? Playoffs!? We're just trying to win a game.
- The Sun Sentinel takes a look at the Marlins all-time team of home grown players. Is it just me, or do home grown players need to be associated with that team when you hear the name. When I think of Adrian Gonzalez, I think San Diego Padres, not Marlins.
- Thanks to Eric for the fanshot to this. John Sickles takes a look at the Top 20 Prospects of the Marlins for the 2012 season.
Around The League
- The season hasn't even started yet but writers are already talking about who should be in the Hall of Fame. This one, I agree with. The Hardball Times makes a case for Jeff Bagwell to be inducted. I agree. The Times also makes a case for Tim Raines here. Meh.
- The much anticipated Yu Darvish winner will be announced tonight. Since I consider myself a professional reporter, let's get this out of the way: an unnamed source close to whoever they are supposed to be close to says the Marlins are the top bidders. For your information, they didn't bid.
- Baseball Prospectus takes a look at the future. I mean, Yoenis Cespedes.
At Fish Stripes
- There are quite a few new writers here at Fish Stripes, myself included. You should stop by this welcome post. And say hi. We don't bite.
- Michael Jong had a gread idea for an off topic thread. Go there and be off topic, and join in on the Roll Call. It's always nice to know who you are talking to from one basement to the other.